Some repositories (the FHL, for instance) are equipped to allow saving
directly to a flash drive, rather than copying a document. Having a scan
directly from the image, rather than a scan from a copy of the image, can be
most helpful when trying to interpret a spotty old deed!

I found that the microfilm reader/scanner at the FHL did not recognize the
small external hard drive with which I travel. Fortunately, the FHL sells 1
GB flash drives, 1 for $9 or 2 for $14.

(Elizabeth, I'm not trying to talk you into one - you strike me as someone
who knows what she wants, or doesn't want! Just FYI to others....)

Janis Walker Gilmore