Mike,

I do not know know about when one downloads from Family Search using their
download facility, as I have never used this. However, I can confirm that when
downloading from the IGI using Legacy a repository is created.

Now completely revised
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:08:17 +0200
> From: mike...@iafrica.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Check/repair error
>
> Michele Lewis wrote:
>
>> I did look at their was no repository associated with these 3 entries,
>> so, I made a new repository (the Family History Library in SLC) and the
>> I associated the 3 items with that repository. We shall see if that
>> works. I have never had a respository associated with these 3 things (I
>> don't really use the repository thing much other than to signify those
>> items that I personally have at my own house).
>
> Have you never imported stuff from the LDS? I seem to recall that if you
> download a GED from them and import it, then a Repository gets created.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mike Fry
> Johannesburg.

Are you a PC?  Upload your PC story and show the world
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/122465942/direct/01/