Kris,

This one occasion that I can say quite specifically that this is not a Legacy
problem. I am creating Legacy programs literally every day and have never had a
problem such as Michelle and yourself describe, other than by making errors
myself.

I would strongly recommend that the Legacy web creation page set-up is saved
and loaded when required. Remember also that changes to your Legacy main
settings will also affect web pages.

There are problems with the way in which Legacy codes web pages, but problems
such of these are quite unrelated.

Now completely revised
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:03:18 -0600
> From: gen.mailing.li...@gmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] web page question
>
> Hi, Michele --
>
> I have this problem all the time, especially if the program has been
> running for awhile, but that isn't consistent, either. I just close
> the program, start it up again, and it works fine -- until the next
> time.
>
> Kris
>
> Michele Lewis wrote:
>> I created my web pages. I uploaded them according to the directions
>> given by Charter.net (All I had to do was drag and drop the file onto
>> the Charter FTP window). The files DID upload and I can see them but...
>>
>> There doesn't seem to be an index page!
>>
>> When I access my web page I get a list of files like this...
>>
>> Parent Directory -
>> 1.htm 29-Jan-2009 22:50 12K
>> 2.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:25 12K
>> 10.htm 29-Jan-2009 22:50 20K
>> 11.htm 29-Jan-2009 22:53 12K
>> 12.htm 29-Jan-2009 22:56 13K
>> 13.htm 29-Jan-2009 22:59 12K
>> 14.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:02 12K
>> 15.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:05 14K
>> 16.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:09 19K
>> 17.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:12 19K
>> 18.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:16 16K
>> 19.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:20 17K
>> 20.htm 29-Jan-2009 23:25 16K
>>
>> If I click on the files they do work and I get the web page just fine.
>> It just appears that no index page was generated by Legacy. I am not
>> sure what I did wrong.
>>
>> Here is my home page address. Take a look and tell me how to fix this.
>>
>> http://webpages.charter.net/cranberryfrog/
>>
>> Then click on MICHELE and you will see all my files.
>>

>> michele
Love Hotmail?  Check out the new services from Windows Live!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/132630768/direct/01/