Gary,

That is very interesting.  I was using gmail.  In fact, I sent it to
myself, via gmail, so I could open it on his computer.  I'll try
again, using an alternate email address and see what happens.  I want
to get this figured out, because my brother wants to start "sharing"
our family file also and he lives in another town.  Thanks for the
reply.

Mike, thanks also for your reply.  Since the Help files are a little
vague about how you should send the file, I decided to use Export.
It's good to know that copy works just as well.

Dede