From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Janis L Gilmore
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 3:35 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How to identify the commonly used first name?

Cathy,

Although it may feel awkward, I think the better way is to write it as:
Robert Blair "Blair" Surname

I you enclose the first instance of Blair in quotes, it implies that "Blair"
is truly a nickname, rather than a legitimate name. Doing it this way allows
you to show that his full name was Robert Blair Surname, but that he went by
his middle name.

Janis Walker Gilmore