Richard,
 
I think what you are asking for is a search which will identify all those with 
the mitochodrial DNA of Ann Richer.

At present I cannot see how to do that without including at least one condition 
(ie. 'IF' clauses). I don't think Legacy can support this type of function so 
one would have to Use Access or OpenOffice.org to tag the people you want. And 
I don't think it would be easy either!

You might like to consider asking for an enhancement!


Ron Ferguson

_____________________________________________________________________

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
_____________________________________________________________________








----------------------------------------
> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:57:49 -0800
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Mitochondrial descendants
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
>
> I split off a new Legacy file of (file1) descendands of my 10th
> great-grandmother, Ann Richer. She is my mother's mother's mother's
> ...... mother.
> I want to prune this file by removing all marriage links except for
> female descendants. In other words my wife and children and
> grandchildren will no longer be shown as descendants. Ditto for all my
> brothers marriages and descendants and ditto for my mother's brother's
> marriages and descendants.
>
> I could tag all females from file1 and export them to file2, then from
> file2 export Ann Richer's descendats to file3 which gets all
> mitochodrial female descendants. Trouble is I want to include Ann
> Richer's husband and all the husbards and sons (but not sons' wives)
>
> Any suggestions.
> --
> Richard Van Wasshnova
> http://www.gencircles.com/users/vanwasshnova
> http://gw.geneanet.org/vanwasshnova
_________________________________________________________________
Windows Live Messenger just got better .Video display pics, contact updates & 
more.
http://www.download.live.com/messenger


Legacy User Group guidelines:
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp



Reply via email to