My apologies, Vivian, it does change the name and works OK for me. It does not,
however, and cannot change the path as this would involve moving the file.

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:12:45 -0800
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Picture Centre
> From: vwhit...@gmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> So Ron, then are the instructions in the Help file incorrect?? From
> Picture Centre help
>
> Rename
>
> You can change the name of the currently highlight file in the Picture
> File name List by clicking the Rename button. The file is then
> renamed on disk. If the file has a + in the U column, any links to
> this picture within your family file are also renamed to match the
> change you made.
>
> Viv
>

>>> Vivian,
>>>
>>> If this appears twice, my apologies, my last effort
>>> disappeared into the ether!
>>>
>>> If I understand you correctly I have never known Legacy work
>>> the way you are suggesting, and I hope it never will. You
>>> seem to be suggesting that one should be able to change the
>>> name of a picture file using the Picture Centre, this should
>>> *never* be the case.
>>>
>>> I have picture files attached to many programs, not just
>>> Legacy and if any of these programs allowed the change of
>>> file name it would cause havoc with the others.
>>>
>>> What the Picture Centre does enable one to do is to change
>>> the path and/or file name if it has been moved or *already*
>>> renamed. Not to move the file or change its name.
>>>

>>> Ron Ferguson

Check out the new and improved services from Windows Live. Learn more!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/132630768/direct/01/