Hello Dan,

Thank you for answering; yes, I have looked at it - I think that's when I decided it might be best to just order a nice wall chart from Legacy.... then told myself, "but you're not finished here yet" and decided I'd just print out a simple pedigree "line chart" myself for now with what I have to date (since I'll never be "finished", - will anyone?). I will look at it once again, though - try not to tremble. I did a simple Ancestry "narrative chart" for my eldest half-sister last year, that's just one name on back to the mid 1500's and that stacked up to fill a 3" thick binder (included all tho). I'm going to have to stop researching for a bit I think and take time to play with Legacy, go where I've never gone before?

You people are all so very helpful - my deepest thanks,
Kate

At 07:40 PM 3/5/2009, you wrote:
Kate,

Have you taken a look at Legacy Charting Deluxe (version 7) ... specifically the Ancestor Chart? It makes a nice chart of Direct Line Ancestors that is customizable and possibly takes less paper than the method below. The finished chart can even be ordered from a professional printing service, for a reasonable price, printed for you in a way suitable for framing.

Dan Bateham
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:chym...@start.ca>Chy Maen
To: <mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 12:09 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Re Pedigree chart of Direct Line Ancestors

/This question is similar to Diane's....

I'd like to print out a simple Pedigree line of Direct Line Ancestors (grandparents, no siblings etc.) -- the same sort of chart that appears on screen when one hits "pedigree" on the task bar. I did a trial run at this several times but when it comes to "preview" that mini-printer on the preview screen flies out what looks like hundreds of pieces of paper and after waiting a full five minutes the last time it was till tossing out pages and not '"complete".... Compared to some of your DB's mine is miniscule (only a bit over 20,000 folks) and not all direct line grandparents of course, tho some lines are back to the 700's (I know many of you are way past that too).

So I wondered if anyone might tell me how to do this - horizontally, not vertically (have done those okay) using ordinary 8 1/2 x 11 " paper (glue it all together later????) Somewhere while reading "tips" I saw and now can't find instructions for a circular pedigree chart which was suggested as a good way of finding those straight line ancestors whose lines are shorter than the rest thus need working on - made sense but I thought the straight horizontal line Pedigree might show the same and I wanted to do this for my grandson (get him interested in history!) - and also for me to just be able to visualize things better.

Thank you for any assisance.
Kate

Confidentiality Statement - The contents of this e-mail, including its
attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using,
disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its
attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.

Legacy User Group guidelines:

<http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp>http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/>http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/