Lew,

If I understand you correctly, those empty locations are dead, and can arise
through various means, eg. the person was deleted, that particular location was
amended (this may just be a spelling correction).

I simply do not understand what you mean by "find out where they are".

If you go to View>Master Lists>Locations, on the right-hand side, click
Options>Purge Unused and get rid of them.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: