Ruth Nerud wrote
If someone in my Legacy file is related to me, I manually add the relationship designation as an Event. My father's adopted sister is married to his cousin. Do I use the relationship designation to me through the adopted sister or do I unlink her from my Dad's family and use the relationship to my Dad's cousin. Thanks for any suggestions.

I don't know *why* you feel the need to have a Relationship Event, but obviously you do and of course you are quite free to do so and if you are doing so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have two Relationship Events, one for "Aunt (by adoption)" and one for "1st Cousin once removed (by marriage)". Or, have one Relationship Event which specifies both relationships.

I can't see any need to unlink this person from your father's family and I can't see any point in doing so. She *is* related to you, albeit both by adoption and by marriage. Granted there can be no *blood* relationship between you, but it would be misrepresenting your family's Family History (as distinct from their Genealogy) if you do not show her relationship to your father.
--
Jenny M Benson