Worked quite effectively that way in Peoria, Illinois also.

Art Seddon

ronald ferguson wrote:

> As a last resort you could try swearing at it, a technique which my
> Chemistry prof assured me does work.

I had a Chemistry teacher in the '60s with a similar mentality. He used
to flick pieces of chalk across the lab at kids not paying attention.
Then, when he'd got himself nicely wound up, he'd resort to the
blackboard cleaner (remember those). And when he really started to go
ballistic, he'd jump up and down in front of the class, swearing his
head off.

Ah! Happy days! No problems with parents that wouldn't stand for their
kids being disciplined. If I did something wrong at school and went home
and told my parents, I'd get an extra clip round the ear, because the
teacher must have been right!

--
Regards,
Mike Fry

So true, so true!!!

And I speak from one who was on the receiving end.{;-)

Colin in sunny Queensland