That I understood, but from where did the 1056 come? 0.73 inch is not the
margin (0.75inch), nor the indent (0.3inch). Having also looked again at
different margins from 0 to .75inch the added indent for the first entry seems
to vary wrt the set margin. Incidentally this also answers your point about my
screenshot.

If this is what you meant by a bug then I can see what you mean, but there does
seem to be some sort of logic to it even though I cannot see the whys and
wherefores at the moment.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: