To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:32 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Draft cards explanation please

I've downloaded draft cards from Ancestry because (1) they are an additional piece of information about an ancestor and (2) they add to the background/personality of someone who could otherwise be just BMD dates and have added them to the collection of images for
that person but ignored them otherwise.

There are perhaps about 3-4 people in my 5000 plus database with these draft cards and now that I see the topic discussed, what is the point, purpose, meaning, etc. of these draft
cards?

I think that it involved compulsory? military service but when, why and how was the draft
card created? Are they found only for USA ancestors?

Helen in Canada