Tim:

Per your request for a repost of my problem and Dennis' solution, here they are.

My original problem:

I have never changed a RIN.  I have changed MRINS.

When I view the INDEX, I show up as my maiden name and as my married name correctly as RIN #1. I also show up for my married name as RIN #8 which is my husband's grandfather with all of his information in all columns except the name column (his grandfather also correctly shows up as RIN #8). I.E. #1 is my maiden name and my married name (correct). RIN #8 is my married name (incorrect) and my husband's grandfather (correct). When I double click my listing for the incorrect RIN #8, my husband's grandfather pops on the screen.

The same situation has occurred for my husband's grandmother (correctly RIN #7 for married and maiden name) whose married name also shows as RIN #2 which is my husband with all of his information in all columns except the name column (my husband also correctly shows up as RIN #8). When I double click my husband's grandmother's listing for the incorrect RIN #2, my husband pops on the screen.

The same situation has occurred for my husband's aunt (correctly RIN #11 married and maiden name) whose married name also shows as RIN #3 which is my father with all of his information in all columns except the name column (my father also correctly shows up as RIN #3). When I double click my husband's aunt's listing for the incorrect RIN #3, my father pops on the screen.

The three errors occurred with RIN 1 (me), 2 (my husband) and 3 (my father) and only for the married name of the women.

These errors also show up when using the SEARCH function.

Any ideas how to correct these 3 additional assigning of incorrect RIN #s for the married names of the 3 women?

Dennis' solution:

Cathy and I have (sort of) resolved this off list. I thought I would
post the solution for anyone else that sees this problem.

I took a look at Cathy's tblNX. tblNX contains, among other things, the
married names. Her tblNX married names were all dorked up. I suggested
she turn off married names, then turn them back on. This caused the
married names to be regenerated and solved her immediate problem.

The bigger question remains ... what dorked it up in the first place?
Was there a bug at one point that later got fixed? If so, shouldn't the
new release have rebuilt the married names? Or is there still a bug out
there?

Cathy Vallevieni
Orange County, CA