Paula,

The wording "appear each time" no doubt could be improved but it works the way
I described.

Personally, I prefer the abreviated version for subsequent entries as I hate to
see the same thing printed over and over again. This can be a problem on Web
pages, particularly if someone is on dial-up.

In fact, prior to the introduction of the Source Writer it was possible to
select "ibid" for repeated Sources and I wish this could be reinstated.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:45:53 -0700
> From: paula.ryb...@sbcglobal.net
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] master source text prints only once
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>

> Ron, We are almost on the same wavelength. Try this:
>
> On Family View, click on the Books Icon and then Edit Source (not Detail).
>
> On the right it also shows how the Source will appear in the first and
> subsequent citations.
>
> However, if you click on the "Text/Comments" tab and enter something in the
> Text block, then click "Include on Reports" ***and then click on "Each
> time"........... wouldn't you expect what's in the Text block to be included
> on every citation printed??
>
> On my screen I have entered and clicked all of that, but on the right it
> still shows the "Subsequent citation" without the Text block contents. (In
> fact, it's much shorter than the first citation....... have I forgotten
> something about source citations that I learned in college??)
>
> Thanks again,
> --Paula
>

> --- On Wed, 6/10/09, ronald ferguson wrote:
>

>> Paula,
>>
>> It is difficult to check this as our files will be
>> different. However, if I understand you correctly in Family
>> View click on the Books Icon and then Edit Detail. On the
>> right you will see how the Source will appear in the first
>> and subsequent citations.
>>
>> You can use the Overides>Subsequent Citations to change
>> what you see.
>>
>> Ron Ferguson

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/