  From: Ward Walker
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Cc: Legacy Support, Brian
  Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:00 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] missing ibid

  But...

  Isn't your source listing even more compact, when a Legacy report references
  the earlier footnote number (for identical sources)? Not even a line is
  required for printing "ibid" and using a new footnote number.

  If your repeated sources have differences in the source detail, then that's
  where the 'subsequent citation' comes in. Yes, it is not as compact as
  "ibid, p.31", but it is more compact than the original citation at least,
  and it has the advantage of also being applicable when the repeated
  citations are not consecutive in the footnote list. Let's throw our energy
  behind getting this system to work properly. Then implementing something
  like the 'ibid, p.31' example would be a minor variant on 'subsequent
  citations' in the special case where the footnotes are adjacent. IMHO.

     Ward