Anyone have a thought on when to use "Personal Knowledge" and when to use "Interview"? My parents, aunts and uncles told me a lot of information about their large family (Mom, Dad and 10 children who all lived well into adulthood). I did not write a transcript of the discussions but did enter them into my genealogy software.

Now that I have Legacy and I'm trying to "clean up" my ancient sources, I first decided to re-source them as "Personal Knowledge as told to Cathryn Vallevieni date". Now I'm thinking the source should be "Interview" since the personal knowledge was told to me. It seems the only time "Personal Knowledge" would be technically correct is for the person entering the information (my personal knowledge). Every other circumstance someone told me or wrote to me the information which would be either "Interview" or "Correspondence".

I've reviewed the Archives but thought I'd ask for more input.

Thanks.

Cathy Vallevieni
Orange County, CA