As a rule, it is always good to save a copy of installation files of any
downloaded program (not just Legacy) to avoid the need to re-download should a
re-install be needed, but you generally only need to save the most current
version, or an earlier version that you might want to revert to or install on a
different computer.

That said, I think you will be disappointed with the space you will gain from
those few files, and if you are that desperate for space there are probably a
lot bigger fish in the pond. Most people fail to change the Internet Explored
default setting for temporary files to something more reasonable like 50-100
MB. Another is to look critically at your installed software and uninstall
programs you really don't use anymore. Downloaded music from iTunes (or
elsewhere) and video files are big eaters of HD space. And there can be a lot
of accumulated temp files and other junk in other locations. Two small programs
that can help dispose of the detritis are CleanUp! at
http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=69

and CCleaner at http://www.ccleaner.com/

If you have less than 10% free space after doing the above, then IMO you should
seriously consider a new HD, off-loading more files to a portable HD, or a new
computer.

Gary Templeman