ON A COPY of your family file - UNLINK your Grandparents.  Then - just
send them a BACKUP of the modified file (no gedcom needed if they have
LEGACY).  Tell them to RESTORE the backup in their LEGACY program
(must be the same or newer version). The file will still include your
ancestors but they will not show up in family view since they are not
linked together.  You could delete them if you wanted to - but they
may want some of it later .....

Should work!
Keith

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:11 PM, <arnie...@aol.com> wrote:
> I hope this question makes sense, and here it is. In my Family File I have
> my wife and all her ancestors on both side (grandaprents,mothers and
> fathers, uncles, aunts, cousins their wives, husbands, and children ). OK,
> now her sister asked for the file of that tree, that is her family only.
> They have Legacy free.
> Now then, how do I then only GEDCOM  that portion on my file without
> including all the relatives from my family ( grandparents and their siblings
> and children, uncles aunts and there families, cousins and their siblings
> and children etc., etc. I am sure there is a way without too much trouble.
> Thanks,
> Arnie
> ________________________________
> What's for dinner tonight? Find quick and easy dinner ideas for any
> occasion.
>
> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>    http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

Surnames: McKain, Horn, Riale, Ulrich, Erisman, Leiphart, Reed and Henry

Website: http://home.comcast.net/~geosci64
EMail: geosc...@gmail.com
McCain-McKane-O'Kane DNA Group 1