Welcome to the club. I first reported problems with the Relationship Calculator 6 or 8 years ago. I even sent a copy of my family file to Legacy at their request so they could attempt to resolve the problem. I never heard back from them. There have been many reports of RC problems on this forum over the years, but very little, if any, response from Legacy. There are still problems in v7.0.097 with 1/2 relationships (e.g., 1/2 Granduncle reported as Granduncle), relationships changing when "Swap" is selected, and duplication or omission of generations at times. I have nothing near the 30+ generations that you have, but I'm sure the chances of errors increase exponentially with more generations.

I would really like to be able to use the RC as I think the charts it produces would be very useful. However, I can't trust the accuracy unless I proofread it in great detail.

John S. Adams
Hermosa Beach, CA

From: "CE Wood" <wood...@msn.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 2:31 PM
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] Relationships not working - AGAIN

I am again having relationship problems with the database.

Bad enough that the relationship that shows in Family View and o Pedigree
View are not the direct relationship but the closest relationship.  Many
agree with me that THAT should be the default or, at the VERY least, an
option!

However, I now have ancestors that are listed as NOT direct ancestors by
Relationship Setting or Calculating.
They are correctly shown as direct ancestors by Ancestor Colors and by
direct ancestor tagging.

I have a 29th GGF and GGM who had two children.  One is shown as 28th GGM,
but her full brother is shown as 28th GGU and his wife as Wife of 28th GGU. Right clicking on the + next to the Relationship to see other relationships does not list as another relationship the fact that they are my 28th GGF and
29th GGM.  And, all their descendants are incorrectly calculated by
Relationship Calculator!

I have my Relationship Calculator set to find the closest 20 relationships
and closest 2 paths, as Brian had me do when I last had this problem.

It must be a bug if Ancestor Colors and Ancestor Tagging can make them
direct ancestors but Relationship Calculator cannot.

Anyone help?

CE