Pat wrote:

Well, Legacy says that I can use any browser I want to use; as long as I let the Legacy program know where it is located on my disk. I let Legacy know (see the details below) and the program verified that I had given it the correct hard disk address. Legacy did in fact start Google Chrome (as it should).

I must admit, I was under the impression that the browser specified inside the Legacy options, was the one that would be used when previewing any generated web pages.

I also know, that the Legacy program uses a WebBrowser control as part of the Legacy Home Page tab. Further, this control (which makes the programming of a simple browser so easy) *has* to be based on IE. MS still haven't removed this dependency from any Windows version even though this was, I thought, what all the law suits were about.

When referring to IE, you must make a clear distinction between the visible part of IE and the engine that runs under the hood. The engine is *always* used whenever a program makes use of th MS-developed WebBrowser control. No getting around this, unless and until the likes of Mozilla and Google split their browsers into the same two parts.

To satisfy (get around?) the legal issues, all MS have done is allow you to choose a default browser that will be used whenever you double-click on an html file on your disk. Don't expect this to be used automatically by what is really a very simple piece of code where everything happens under the hood.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry