MJ,

The netbook I recently purchased runs Windows XP and has more memory, a faster
processor and a larger hard drive than my older HP laptop that I had been using
(with Legacy, and without problems) for about 4 years.

There is absolutely no problem running Legacy on an Asus Eee with 1GB of RAM
(although I did choose recently to upgrade it to 2 GB; I don't notice much
difference). I can't speak for other brands from personal experience, but I
can't think of any reason it would be a problem.

It is my understanding you can't put Vista on 'em, i.e. they don't have enough
RAM to run that monstrosity, but who would want to?

Connie