Dennis - I have not been able to use your suggestion - mostly because I
couldn't figure out where to start.  I am certainly not comfortable with
Access, except to view and some items and then export to an Excel spreadsheet
for further actions.  At the risk of appearing dumber than I am, could you show
me hgow to start the formula you described in your earlier message?

Bob

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:54:05 -0500, RUNION ROBERT <s...@cox.net> wrote:

>Dennis - Is there anyway to use ACCESS to populate the burial address
>to all those buried in a specific cemetery?  I find after viewing the
>suggestions here that I have a lot of folks I know are buried in a
>specific cemetery, but it would take a lot of key strokes to get this
>data into my file if I can not do so via Access.  Please advise.

Yes. It shouldn't be too difficult. Something like...

UPDATE tblAR, tblIR SET tblIR.IDARBuried=[tblAR]![IDAR] WHERE
((tblIR.IDARBuried=0) AND (tblIR.IDIR<>0) AND (tblIR.Tag1=1) AND
(tblAR.AddrName="XYZ Cemetery"))

... sets the Burial Address to XYZ Cemetery for anyone on Tag #1 who
does not already have a Burial Address. This was done quick & dirty so
it may require more testing.

The usual caveat re backing up your database before doing anything in
Access applies. ;-)

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools