Thanks for replies Evert, C.G. Ouimet & Ron.

I received an email reply from Ken at Legacy Support a little while ago & he suggested unlikely but possible Windows Registry errors. Rings true with Evert's comments. How does one goes about checking for Registry errors?

Legacy Support also mentioned something I had tried but I tried it again. Ken said I could over-ride Legacy's customise-launch by typing in the full path for Adobe Reader line 4 at Options -> customise -> Launch. But typing in the path for Adobe Reader doesn't open the Adobe Reader with a click on the Test Launch button. I typed in the path for a different reader (PaperPort) and I clicked on the Test Launch button & it worked; ie, opened the PaperPort reader.

Also in Reports I cannot produce a pdf report by either way of doing it, and this is a different function from the Picture Gallery scenario.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone,
Tom
PS: Just read Darlene's email & got all excited. Tried what she suggested but it didn't work for me; but I'm not very knowing about those types of settings. It's after midnight in my neck o' the woods & I'm too tired to go further! :>) Sounds pretty good though if the trouble is an Adobe setting. Who is our Adobe Settings expert? LOL.
Thank you Darlene.

Evert van Dijken wrote:
It could be a registry problem on Tom's system.
I seem to rember I had some problems when I had both adobe reader 9
and adobe acrobat 8 (standard) installed. Don't know how I fixed this
(probably by correcting this in the registry or by uninsstalling all
programs acrobat and legacy and check in the registry if everything
was ok, I probably also run CCleaner to clean the registry).
Also user rights to open files from certain folders could be a
problem. To see if this is the problem attach a pdf file from the
correct user documents folder and try to open this pdf file to see if
that works ok.
Evert