Paul Ramshaw wrote:

Yes, I know I can move the columns by dragging them, but to see much of the "detail" column, which is what I want to do, it seems to take three separate drags (move col. 2 left, move col. 3 left, move last col. right), certainly not something I want to do each time I open that screen.

It's certainly possible using VB.NET 3.5 to programmatically adjust column widths according to the data in those columns. Millennia did whisper that they had plans at one time, of converting to using the .NET framework.

It would be nice if that screen were programmed so that it would remember the column widths one chose. Is making that suggestion here the appropriate place to do it, or is there some other way I should submit this suggestion to LFT?

No. From the Legacy Home tab, click on 'Suggest a new feature' in the 'Support' panel in the bottom right-hand corner. That will take you to a page on the Legacy web site where you can enter your request. best of luck with getting it adopted :-)

--
Best regards,
Mike Fry