Hi All,

I am in hopes that some of you more experienced users can advise me on the
best way to clean up master sources? When originally entered, I created a
source (relative to whichever event) example Birth Certificate: Jane Doe,
DOB. Now that my list of sources is getting so long, I thought I would use
Legacy's SW and create one source per state per event, example for Birth
Records: "Pennsylvania, Birth Certificates After 1906". In my obsession also
of "everything must match", I am confusing myself as to what way is the best
way is to represent my research. Since SW mirrors EE, I thought it would be
best to switch to this format. The final result must make sense and be easy
to follow so that I can be consistent here on out when adding new
information. Truth be told, this attempt at organization maintenance is how
I ended recreating my file from scratch while using FTM and now that the
number of individuals in my file has quadrupled, I don't wish to repeat this
nightmare.

I have yet to make use of the tagging features in the program, mainly from a
lack of understanding of how and why they would be used. Can tagging be used
to mark the records I want to convert from an individual basic source to a
source writer source? Or else, can it only be changed tediously, one record
at time by adding and removing sources and than once a source has no one
associated with it, deleting it?

Some of you have mentioned the "Source Template Conversion Tool", but if I
am following correctly this feature is not yet available in the Legacy
program? Any suggested work about, like maybe this L Tools some have
mentioned?

Hope I made enough sense that someone can offer some sage advice!

Thanks!

Doris