Bill Rhodes wrote
GGM Mary Hinton married Joseph Brown.
In Legacy I entered Wife's name as Mary Hinton.
Joseph died five years later.

Marriage #2 was to George Miller.
I entered Wife's name as Mary Hinton Brown.

Problem: When I do the above, Legacy automatically changes her (Wife's) name to Mary Hinton Brown - which is wrong and not as I entered.

So my question is "how can I keep her name the same as I enter it without Legacy changing it?"

Where are you entering the wife's name that Legacy is changing? I don't understand why you are having to enter the woman's name twice.

When you add a wife to a man and she is not already in your database you create a new individual using her maiden surname - Mary Hinton. You don't need to enter her again when she re-marries, you just link her to the second husband but she still has the same maiden name.

I don't use the facility to show married surnames in lists, but I am sure Legacy creates them by using the woman's forenames and the husband's surname. I don't think there is any way it will retain a previous married surname if she marries again.
--
Jenny M Benson