The images are all located on an external hard drive.  I don't know why it
was looking in the E Drive except that most of my programs use the E Drive
for temporary file storage because there is nothing there.  It's a very
small drive.

I don't put any data on the C Drive because I don't keep data there for a
very good reason.  I do system restores or reformats at least once a year to
get rid of all the junk that Microsoft Windows Updates puts there.  If I
forget that I have data files on the C Drive then it will be gone unless I
remember to do a backup.

My computer is about six years old and if I could afford to upgrade or buy a
new one I would.  I wish I could get rid of this piece of junk (Sony--I'll
never buy another one).  It probably can't be upgraded anyway.  They'll say
I need a new one just to make a fast buck.  I do need a faster computer
though.

I guess you could say that my system is not the typical system where people
just pile years worth of junk on it and leave it there.  Data is backed up
the beginning of the year for the previous year then cleaned out.  If I have
to change my routine because of a piece of software then I'll change the
software especially one that deletes my files.  FTM2008 did that with all of
my media files and I immediately trashed it.

Software should not dictate where I choose to put my data files that's why I
have two separate data drives--both external and one is never connected when
my internet connection is live.  It's an archive drive and I don't put a lot
of trust in my Norton software because it has missed things before.

The only software problems I have are with programs that use external
programs such as Net Framework which conflicts with everything else that
uses it.  FTM 2008-2010 uses it and I've noticed that some Adobe software
uses it too.  The only thing I can think of, and discovered, that some older
programs use older versions of Framework that conflict with the newer
versions.

I downloaded LTools the other day, but still haven't installed it.

I'm going to do a new GEDCOM import into Legacy and just work with the data
for now.  I'll deal with the images later or might look for something that
can handle them better.  I think I saw something on the Legacy website that
works with media files.