2. It would also be great if I could do one chart, such as the hourglass, with our grandfather's ancestry on one side and grandmother's >ancestry on the other. Is this possible?

Try the "Bow Tie" chart with a child of the grandparents as the focal person.

John S. Adams
Hermosa Beach, CA
From: "Mary Figgins" <mbfigg...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:21 PM
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] Chart question

I'm trying to put together a descendancy chart for a small family get
together of my mother, her sibling and their children and
grandchildren. Some the of the cousins have never met each other and
don't know who each other are. The chart is to help them know how we all fit together. There a few things I'd really like to have on the chart but can't find. I'm using Legacy Charting.

1. Is it is possible to show children of
previous marriages of the spouse? My sister and brother have both
married people who have children by a previous marriage. Even though
they are not blood relatives, these "older" children are considered
part of our family. I remember my uncle have boys older than me. I just found out that they were his wife's from a previous marriage. Can a chart show these children? If not, is there some way to cleanly edit the chart to insert them?

2. It would also be great if I could do one chart, such as the hourglass, with our grandfather's ancestry on one side and grandmother's ancestry on the other. Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary Beth Figgins