My grandfather's name was Irvin, but he is often referred to as
Irving. He never used that name, yet if someone is searching for
"Irving" they will not find him unless I add Irving as an AKA. So I
would suggest that the AKA should be used, even if the person never
used the name. I have a note on my grandfather's record that his name
is Irvin and Irving is a disproven name so that perhaps someone will
find my record and correct theirs accordingly.

Jim