OK, Lorraine, I have now looked at Google sites and it cannot accept HTML nor
can you use FTP. In a nutshell it is not suitable for Legacy web pages.

Can we first consider your concerns about your ISP's site; you say:  "couldn't
trust that it would be completely private and it had little space available".
Exactly what to you mean? Are you saying that you only want approved
individuals to be able to access your site? If so it may be difficult to find a
site which will offer this (although that need not be the end of the matter).
And why is it too small, can you tell me how many MBs it is offering, the type
of your web pages (Pedigree, etc.) and the number of individuals on your site?

Given the above information I will know what to look for.

Cheers,

Ron

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
Follow me on twitter