Thanks everyone for such a quick response to my questions. This group is great.

Sherry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenny M Benson" <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:57:59 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Favorite Features - #2

Sherry wrote
>I am fairly new to Legacy and am wondering if you mean that you can
>look at a Legacy record of a family or individual at the same time you
>are looking at an on-line digitized record of a census or information
>on a website?

Yes.  It's possible to do that with pretty much any program - you just
reduce the size of the 2 (or more! - I know someone who habitually works
with about 4 windows open at the same time!)  windows and position them
as you want.

> I wonder, too, if that is possible, then is it possible to cut and
>paste a paragraph or picture from a website to my individual or family
>record?

Certainly if the website allows copying of text you can paste it into a
field in Legacy, but you can't do that with pictures.  With pictures you
have to save them to your hard drive or some other local storage device
from where Legacy can access them.

--
Jenny M Benson