I have just tried this and it didn't work as I expected, but I think I have
figured out how it does work. Just looking for confirmation that I've got it
right.

Was copying a single individual. In both files, the parents exist with
identical individual and marriage data. In my file, (on left) I have only
one child. In the file (on right) I am copying from, these parents have 7
children.

In split screen view, I first clicked on right screen to bring the person I
wanted to copy the main (female) position. I then dragged that person into
the children area on the left (my file). I answered copy just the single
individual, said no to backup (I just created one minutes before) and said
no to go to merge.

I expected that the person would be a child of the parents onto which I
dragged the person. But, she was an unattached person, which I then linked
to the parents (add a daughter-link to an existing person).

Is this the way it is supposed to work, or did I do something wrong?

Paul Gray