Thanks Brian and Richard. The "heads up" on problems with gedcom transfer was
much appreciated. I use GRAMPS on Linux and was too focused on my problem to be
alert to side effects...

Using the "multiple parent" search dropped a list of 25. The first was Sarah,
daughter of Henry and Anne, sibling Jane. The only visible clue on the family
page (all visible there) is two spouses for Henry. Checking spouses shows a
second spouse "Unknown", and selecting her produces a family screen with only
Henry and Sarah, Jane missing and mother blank. Edit>Delete finds wife grayed
for delete and unlink, leaving the apparent options deleting Henry or Sarah,
or, unlinking Henry from his parents or Sarah from him.

What's the best approach to fix this and for more complicated cases when there
are multiple up and down linkages involved? This was a merge of a secondary
copy into the family group master, 1793 and 1810 individuals to produce 1854
combined, so most were UID matches with only 93 inspected as having changed
data or being potential duplicates. Is 25 parent link problems high for
something like this, and are there more unobvious problems likely, linkage or
other?

Thanks Again

kb