From: br...@the-lightfoots.com [mailto:br...@the-lightfoots.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:16 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Living?

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your method in not
necessarily correct and somewhat misleading (but then again, maybe its only
me that has been mislead). I believe that changing the settings for the
automatically assumed dead only applies to individuals wherein no death date
information has been entered. In the example given by the OP, Legacy is
trying to assume that the person is automatically dead because the age
exceeds the settings. However, when the user specifically tells Legacy that
the person is still living, that is a "manual override" and from that point
on Legacy should be showing that person as still living. The OP has stated
that Legacy wants to override the user which is something that should not be
happening.

Assuming that I'm not totally off-base here and the program should work as I
believe and apparently as the OP thinks it should, then the question before
us is why is Legacy not accepting the user's input?

My first question to the OP would be if he/she is reading the family file
from a CD/DVD non-rewritable media (which would explain why the user's input
is not "sticking"?

Brian in CA