Rick,

Here is what  i did last night - it works for me - other people will
probably have better ways

*For a single person*

1. Download full Ancestry GED file
2. Load GED file into Legacy - create a new fdb file called "Ancestry_Date".
3. View - Split Screen - Open other FDB file
4. Delete person from old file and using your mouse drag across the updated
person from new file. This only drags the data across you then have to
connect him into the tree

*For a string or small tree of new people*

 1. Download full Ancestry GED file
2. Load GED file into Legacy - create a new fdb file called "Ancestry_Date"
3. View - Split Screen - Open other FDB file
4. Delete last person in old tree ie Fred Smith
5. In new tree export Fred Smith  and all ancestros into a ged or fdb file
6. Upload and connect Fred Smith into the old tree and all of his ancestors
will fall in behind him

There are probably smoother and better ways of doing this - I am still
groping in the dark regarding what I can and cannot do with Legacy.

Regards

Bill