On 2010/01/13 20:29, Ila Johnson set forth the following:

> I want to know how to tag certain people in my database I need to do
> additional work on. I have a very large database (over 40,000) and as I
> am working with the families find information on them I add to the notes
> section. I want to know how I can tag these people so I can go back and
> add the information I have put into their notes more easily. Do I list
> their names after tag descriptions? Help does not full explain how to
> mark individuals. If I add a tag it turns blue for everyone not just for
> him?

I don't understand why you're having a problem!

To me, it's a very simple matter of, as I enter the data in the Notes, to
click one of 3 displayed tags. Before you start, decide which tag you're going
to use and give it a meaningful description. Each individual that you enter
data in the Notes for should have the same tag set.

Later on, I can then create a list of all those individuals that have that tag
set. Using the list, I can then work through them one at a time, and when
finished, click on the tag again to remove it, thus taking them off the list.

Have you read up on the Advanced Tagging window? Right-click on one of the 3
tags displayed on an individual and you'll see the options. Here you can
assign that description I mentioned and, through the big button at the bottom,
decide which 3 of the 9 tags to show.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry