Hello,

I bought a mapping package with Legacy.

It is not user friendly or intuitive and is extremely difficult to use

Specifically  :

1. Does anybody know how to turn off the default American style address
format and allow British address formats.

2. Do I need to load up a different database lookup table to do this ?

ie Banff, Banffshire, Scotland - This should be enought to uniquely identify
Banff in Scotland, however the software I have does not recognise this as a
valid placename.

The software wants four fields to uniquely identify a place in the following
format

City, County, State, Country   .....    so in the above example is
Banffshire the equivalent to a County or a State ?

3. And whilst I am whinging about it can we please have a database that
allows places that no longer exist ? ie Banffshire is no longer a shire - It
has been swallowed by Aberdeenshire - I am sure that this would also be true
of many American places i.e. the Town or County no longer exists but they
feature in the documentation associated with your family tree.

Regards

Bill