From: Ron Ferguson [mailto:ronfergy....@tiscali.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:35 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Questions about 7.4 and nFS

Rita Lynn McKale wrote:
> Hi,
> I have not installed the latest version and I am a little nervous
> about doing so.  I have read about things like names on the index tab
> disappearing, and notes disappearing.  Are those isolated things,
> have they been resolved?
>
> I understand there are some features that have changed or have been
> removed like having more than one item on the source clipboard to
> select from.  What are some others?
>
> In a 1/31/2010 post Mike Fry wrote: WARNING: BEFORE DOWNLOADING 7.4
> MAKE A COPY OF YOUR FAMILY FILES. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO
> 7.0.0.109 UNLESS YOU DO.
>
> Mike, do you mean to make a backup?  How would you go back to
> 7.0.0.109 if you do not like 7.4?
>
> Due to the volume of Legacy emails, I admit I do not read them all so
> my apologies if this has been covered.  Could someone in a nutshell
> explain what nFS is and how this will work with Legacy?
>
> Thanks,
> Rita in South Carolina

Rita,

Mike was emphasising the point that one should always back up before
updating, especially, as in this case, where the format of the database will
be changed. To revert back, uninstall 7.4, and install v7.0, then restore
from the back-up.

You do not say if you are LDS, if not when the screen pops up sking if you
want the nFS, say "No", otherwise "Yes".

You are wrong to say that "removed like having more than one item on the
source clipboard to select from". This was a change made when V7.0 was
launched. If you have never noticed then clearly you are one of the majority
who never used that function, so you were unaffected.

Some bugs have been corrected in the new version, but other than those, if
you are non-LDS you should see no change.

Ron Ferguson

Create your Website with Legacy, see Tutorials at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/