Thanks for all the suggestions from those who responded. Not that I guess
it matters, but I neglected to mention I'm using Legacy 7.4 on Windows 7
Home Premium desktop and Vista Home Premium on the laptop.

DROPBOX says all files up-to-date.

I've done both a RESTART as well as a SHUT DOWN to no avail.

I've not found any .ldb files anywhere.

I don't have the opportunity to close/exit Legacy as the message comes up
immediately and I only have the options of TRY AGAIN, NO or QUIT. NO or
QUIT exits Legacy immediately.

I tried copying the Legacy files from the laptop to a thumbdrive and
attempted to open the file from the thumbdrive by clicking the "main"
Legacy icon and the file opens! So, obviously Legacy itself is working
correctly. It seems that the file(s) stored in DROPBOX got corrupted in
some manner. Since I've not made any changes to my database I have
redundant backups on the laptop, an external HD and not in any particular
panic about loosing my file altogether. Just want to be able to get a
GOOD version safely back into DROPBOX.

Before doing it, and making a bad situation worse, what's the consensus
of opinion on this plan? Deleting all the Legacy files in the DROPBOX
area; then opening the file from the thumbdrive. From there do a SAVE
FAMILY FILE AS the name I'd been using in DROPBOX. This, hopefully, would
restore a 'good' copy to DROPBOX.

gc

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:21:06 -0800 Brian Schultz
<briansfamilyhist...@gmail.com> writes:

> Dropbox is the likely culprit. I use it also, but choose to turn it off

> when I'm working with Legacy. It can take a long time to upload the
>
> Legacy file(s), and while doing so you won't have access to the file.
> Let it upload and then close it and you should be able to use the file
> again.
>
> --
> Brian Schultz
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>
>    http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/

> http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/

Small Business Tools
Compete with the big boys.  Click here to find products to benefit your
business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=XGvlvvGuZNsQSVbXOJzBsgAAJ1B0nKMPZUkTI-IENyMZLswPAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=