Thanks for the input Brett.  Not sure if it is just me, but I can't seem
to find a way to exclude something from the "unrecognized items" box.  I
see how to exclude from those items that Legacy offers to import.  I
experimented with mapping the unrecogized item _APID to one that Legacy
does recognize then excluding that item from import, but probably not
surprisingly that did not work.  And I would up with hundreds or more of
the following errors:

> Record: 0 @P281953773@ INDI
>   Sub Section: 3 TEXT
> http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=14852117&pid=281953773
>
> * Unrecog. Line for an Individual  Record: 2 _APID 1030::0
>   Placed in  Note - Argotta Franks: TEXT: _APID 1030::0
I am creating a new dataset so merging with an existing dataset is not
an issue.  I tried again with a fresh dataset, and clicked the "Clear
the unrecognized media list before each import" just in case that was
somehow relevant.  But again no luck.

Before throwing in the towel and moving on to option 3, perhaps you or
Brian in support could tell me if excluding something from the
"unrecognized items" box is possible.  Thanks to both of you for your
efforts.

Garnet