Hi Ron,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, in the end I had to Unlink them
from their parents and then delete the 3 females to be able to re-enter
them as Males - all very confusing!! Non of these 3 were married, it was
just a straight sex swap!!

I am still trying to work out the 2nd problem, as there appears to be some
legitimate people mixed up with the Unknown entries, so I may have to try
doing the operation section by section leaving the 'good' people behind.

>Susan
>
>2nd part first!
>
>I would use Search>Find>Detailed Search
>
>Row  1) Individual; Individual RIN; Greater than; 3463
>
>AND
>
>Row 2) Individual; Individual RIN; Less than; 4711
>
>Ensure that the radio button near bottom left "Clear List before this
>search" is checked.
>
>Click "Create".
>
>On the new screen:
>
>Select Options>Advance Tagging
>
>Select a convenient (unused) tag number,say, "1", and click "Everyone in
>this Search List".
>
>Now go to Tools>Advanced Deleting and delete all records with a tag of "1".
>
>That answers your question, *but* I would not do it the first part that way!
>
>I would use only one line:
>
>Row 1) Individual; Sex; Equal To; Unknown
>
>and then proceed as before.
>
>Regarding the three individuals where the Individual Screen cannot be
>selected. I would first try File Maintenance>Check/Repair, running it until
>the correction log is no longer produced. If this doesn't clear the problem,
>and I have got the wrong impression please clarify.
>
>I am assuming you mean the the three buttons with the sex options are greyed
>out. One reason for this is that the the individual is married. If both
>husband and wife have the wrong sex, then you can switch using Edit>Swap
>Husband and Wife. Otherwise unlink from partner, change sex and relink.
>
>Ron Ferguson

Susan,
Victoria, Australia.
English webpage: http://www.st.net.au/~susanp/index.html
American webpage: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~susanp
Research: ALSTON-Suffolk/Bedford/America,post 1850, BOURCHIER-UK, post
1650, CHUDLEIGH-Devon, All, HOLTTUM-Kent,pre 1720,MARTEN-Sussex,pre 1660,
OXENDEN-Kent, All.