Randy Clark wrote:
> It serves, among other things, as a quick, one-size-fits-all button
> for lazy people like me.
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM, James Cook <jc1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Going through the archives, I ran across a post about problems with
>> the 3-bar paste. I did not realize until I read through that, that
>> this button pastes to ALL EVENTS currently attached to the
>> individual!!!!!!!!! Now, I know I have sources attached to events
>> that do not belong. Please tell me there is a better way to go about
>> cleaning this up than going to each individual's source list one at a
>> time????
>>
>> And, why, why, why does this button behave like this? It's positioned
>> as if it goes with the vital bits on the top half of the screen, not
>> the event list below. Can anyone think of any good reason to blurt to
>> all events like that, cause I can't, and certainly not without
>> warning?

For those who followed/contributed to, this thread. please note that the
Help file now reads:

"you can click [3 bar button] to have Legacy automatically assign the source
to every field on the Information form that is not blank.  (This also
includes all events in the event list.)"

Ron Ferguson

Create your Website with Legacy, see Tutorials at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/