Ron - yes I called them shortcuts on the desktop, thinking that was
what they were called.

Sherry - Good to hear from you, we first 'met' before you went to work
for Millennia. Before asking for advice I tried the "squish" thing as
I read about it on the list. They are not 'squished' they are gone.
When I go to Options - customize columns all that is there are the
default ones. Unless you think otherwise I will do the same as Hugh
did, add them back in and go back to worrying about something like
water being wet.

Ann