Tony,

My apologies for misreading part of your post.

I don't know of any setting which gives Legacy permission to automatically
roam through my files looking for anything, only the button which one can
click when a picture file is missing - hence my confusion. In which case I
have given it permission and can see what it selects - although I don't use
it as usually I know where the file is likely to be.

I would be interested to know how you set it to auto-search for missing
files - even if it to me seems to be a bad idea anyhow!

Ron Ferguson

*New* Tutorial: Add Location Pins to Google Earth
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
And the Fergusons of N.W. England