Ron, thanks for your reply.  I did see the earlier post about linking
children to both sets of parents.

I'm sure there is some underlying reason why linking to both sets of
parents is necessary, but it seems to me Legacy be able to list all
children in the appropriate birth order without having to manually
link them to their step parent.  As they say, it is what it is.

Thanks again for your help.