Quote: ...there is no "source" button to point the source of the picture
back to
my aunt....

I think you're getting a bit too convoluted there. Or Legacy's just not
up to it. A photo you're attaching to a person or event is supporting
the person or event. Going one level deeper and putting a source to the
picture itself, and connecting that to a person in your database is
getting very complicated.

Annotating photos, such as copyrights, sources, etc can be done with
jpeg comments which I don't use, or IPTC which I do. Legacy doesn't read
that unless you put it in the Description field before importing and
even then not for sure.

As things are, I would suggest putting a note somewhere in the vicinity.
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog