I think most people are fine with the HTML; this is the first group
I've been a part of that has made mention of it; I find this to be a
very restrictive group as far as "rules" and "complaints" go.  It took
me awhile to figure out how to use the plain text (it's actually
siimple now that I know about it) and I know my email program is set
on plain text and I STILL got someone complaining and saying "no
HTML!"  We need to try to follow that rule but let's not send people
running from the group because they forgot; it's not exactly a
"normal" setting these days.

So here's my little opinion, for what it's worth.  Don't let the scary
people on here scare you away from posting a question, that's what the
group is for, and I've found most people to be extremely helpful and
it has helped me immensely in using my Legacy program more
effectively.  There are a lot of people on this list who know a lot of
techy stuff and I'm very grateful for that. Plus the Legacy support
people do read these and will answer your questions too.

Also, whenever you ask a question, you can rest assured that there are
at least a couple other people who would like the answer too.
Probably way more than a couple of people.  So just be polite and
tolerate the occasional tirade. Everybody has a bad day.

Kathy

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Bain Family <rlcb...@gotsky.com> wrote:
> My apologies for the HTML.
>
> I have my settings at Plain Text, but apparently it reverts to the original
> settings when my computer does its regular "maintenance" and I don't notice
> it or think about it until I see my message come back with blue letters.  I
> understand the reasoning for this rule, but frankly I do not participate in
> this group as I would like to because of it -- and as I new user, I do have
> questions!  As you can see, after sitting here for the last hour or so
> manually sorting children one by one, and not getting past the B's, I
> venture to ask the group a question, only to  mess up by submitting my
> question in HTML.
>
> My apologies.
>
> ~Lana
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/

Kathy Meyer
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things
you have never before done."
--Richard G. Scott, "Finding the Way Back," Ensign, May 1990, 74

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results. ~ Albert Einstein