Hi,

"Map My Family" does about the same as "Legacy Mapping". It does what is
say's in the description. I use it more than Legacy Mapping. Others on
this list differ. Keep in mind that both "Map My Family" and "Legacy
Mapping" use *current* locations, not historical.

AniMap uses *historical* locations. You can plot
cities/cemeteries/railroads/military/post offices/etc... You search for
those locations in a sitefinder, then plot it on the map. It will show
you which county of your ancestors were in for a certain time. For
instance, my ancestor lived in Lehi, Utah. I use SiteFinder to search
for Lehi. I can then plot Lehi on the map, and see which county Lehi was
in, in a certain year from 1849, historically. It has a run feature that
you can just set, then sit back and watch from year to year. I can
record which county they lived in *historically*. I would enter Lehi,
Utah, Utah for the location in my database in 1890. It's great for
following your ancestors through different cities they lived and
*correctly* enter the historical data. It also shows the county seat.

I would also recommend you look at Centennia Historical Atlas.
I do research in Czechoslovakia. It has so many boundary changes through
the years.

Regards,
Tim Rosenlof