I am new to this list and I am still navigating around Legacy and
learning all its good points.

I have imported my file from PAF.   My question relates to which is
the best way to record the different spelling of my ancestors name.
Due to illiteracy the name has been spelt different ways depending on
who recorded it eg. parish register, census returns.  And finally the
way my gr grandfather's name was recorded on his birth registration.
Going back 2 or 3 generations before that is where the differences
occured.   Is the name as recorded on the birth record the "main" name
and the way is it spelt on other records during his/her life the
alternate name or do I use the name I know now and list all the others
as alternate names.

Also upon reading other emails on this list, I hope that I have been
able to convert this email to plain text.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lea-Anne Davison
Bargara